Friday, January 1, 2016

Looking Back on 2015

When I made my list of 2015 resolutions last year, I put them in phone's planner app so I would look at them every day. And like anything you see every day, they disappeared over time. I stopped using the app, for one. The funny thing is, while most of the resolutions fell by the wayside by June, I inadvertently picked them back up after September. Dave and I made a point to read scriptures and pray together every night, and it has become ingrained in our nightly ritual. I started journaling again as well, which helps me work through a lot of the issues that come with re-evaluating and re-forming faith and beliefs. And I go to church again, which is a big achievement with an anxiety disorder.

In September, we closed a year since my mother-in-law's death, and we also lost her brother on Christmas Day. Since Dave started medical school in 2011, we've lost 4 loved ones, including both of our mothers. A blessing, though - my dad is cancer free and doing well!

I didn't finish writing my novels. And I didn't work out three times a week. To be honest, I didn't expect to keep all of these resolutions all year. I'm satisfied with what I did accomplish, and I know that in 2016 I can look forward. Winter and early spring this year will be full of stress and anxiety with residency interviews and Match. It's a comfort to know that we will have something stable, and that despite everything that may happen, we have a loving Father guiding us.

No comments:

Post a Comment